Arkansas Drug Use and Treatment Link

Arkansas State Medical Board


Frequently Asked Questions

Question"Does AROTA approve CEUs?"

Answer: No, for questions regarding CEUs, contact the Arkansas State Medical Board at  We do hope to provide continue ed opportunities via internet on our new web site by 2019.

Question"Do the board members of AROTA get paid to serve on the board?"

Answer: No, none of the executive board members receive any monetary compensation for serving. In fact, often times the members must take off work and use personal time off in order to attend meetings that occur during normal work hours.

Question"Where does the AROTA membership money go?"

Answer: We are very conservative with our funds.  Our biggest money is spent to support the vision of the OT profession in the state of Arkansas. We pay for an executive director, lobbyist, postage for mailings, an accountant fee for tax purposes  and conference expenses.

Question"Do I have to use the OTA supervision log that was provided by the Medical Board?"

Answer: No, you can create your own custom log, but it must contain all the information the board would want if you are audited (note what fields are in the example when creating your own). According to the board, audits of supervision logs will begin this year (2016).

Question"How many OTAs can an OTR supervise in the state of Arkansas?"

Answer: Neither the practice act nor the regulations state how many OTAs can be supervised by an OTR at this time.

Question: "How many CEUs are we required to get in order to renew our license in Arkansas?"

Answer: 10 per year

Question"If my Associate's Degree in OTA changes to a Bachelor's Degree in the future, do I have to go back to school?"

Answer: No, you would be "grandfathered"

Question"Do I have to maintain my NBCOT certification after my initial renewal cycle to practice in Arkansas?"

Answer: No, after your initial certification you do not have to renew your NBCOT certification in order to practice in Arkansas, but some employers and funding sources may require it. In order to be a Medicaid provider in Arkansas, you must maintain NBCOT Certification. Provider enrollment criteria can be found at

© 2023 Arkansas Occupational Therapy Association, a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. All Rights Reserved. P.O. Box 202, Conway, AR  72033